How do you do throw a great children's birthday party on a budget???
1. Use Coupons- use "register rewards", "shop n save" bucks, ect. for the items you are buying.
2. Get generic party items items at cheap party stores or at a dollar store.
3. Ask people to help you!!! ( Since both of our families are about 12 hours away, we asked our friends to help! They brought food, made the amazing cakes/cupcakes for just cost of supplies, and came early to help set up! We could not have done it without them!
4. Have two kids on the same day = one party (this one takes some work ;)
5. Go ahead and splurge a little- it's once a year and they deserve it.
Although I'm a pretty frugal person (and we basically have to be b/c Ben is a full-time student), I believe there should be special times reserved for celebration. Birthday's are a big deal to me- a great time to reflect on the life of that individual, thank the Lord for them, and shower them with love and affection from friends. :)