Sunday, November 21, 2010

18 months- 1 and 1/2 years old

18 months old!
• They love to sit in things “just their size” – we have some little red chairs that they sit in and “read” books to themselves
• They call each other bubba and sissy- and they get very worried when the other one isn’t around-it’s so cute
• Aiden’s favorite new word is mama- which I love 
• Aiden now says- choo choo, kitty, mama, shoes, night night, uh oh
• Abigail says- cracker, dada, mama, e-i-e-i-o (loves to say this), uh oh, she also repeats a lot
• They both love to read books and beg me to sit them in my lap and read for hours on end
• Still are on 2 naps a day- and we’ll take this as we can
• Climb everything- furniture, tupperwares, the stairs, often get into boxes/drawers/ect. and get stuck, cry to get out, just to get back in again
• Abigail is much more independent than aiden (she’s the only one we can leave in a nursery by herself)
• Aiden’s loves a push lawnmower, abbi loves a cell phone
• Aiden loves to organize and to pretend to cook- his FAV toy is a regular spoon and Tupperware bowl
• Hold hands when they are scared
• Both are very ticklish
• Read about the “can’t take you anywhere” stage- want to be independent but not quite ready for it, ect….but I’ve feel like I’ve been there the whole time! Maybe that’s just because there are two- but I can count on one hand the number of times we’ve taken the twins out to eat, and when we do we prefer Chic-fil-a in mall foodcourt because- a. it’s so loud you can’t hear my kids, b. it’s dirty and doesn’t matter when they throw food on the floor, and c. it’s chic-fil-a  moms any opinions on this “stage”?

3 comments:

sarah may said...

ugh we are in that stage too! I wish I had brilliant advice. My advice to myself is to grin and bear it for the next 6 months because I know it'll be over soon!

Katie said...

that's all- 6 months? then what happens?

Duane and Kim said...

18 months is my very favorite age:) everything is just cute.