Thursday, March 4, 2010

First Publix trip-spent $35, saved $91!



My first shopping trip to Publix! I must admit, this was one of the most thrilling days of my week ! ;)
What's in the buggy?

10 cans green giant green beans
2 valley fresh steamers (frozen veggies)
14 Cans Progresso soup
2 Can't Believe it's not butter tubs
4 jars of Ragu pasta sauce
2 Oscar Mayer lunch meat packages
2 blocks of Kraft cheese
1 package hot tea
1 coffee filters
3 Egg Beaters cartons
1 tortillas
Bananas
3 small tomatoes
2 packages strawberries
1 galloon milk (free WYB 4 boxers Post cereal)
4 boxes Honey Bunches of Oates Cereal
1 head of lettuce (free w/ Brunos coupon)

Total: $35.36 (+ 4.37 in tax) Store coupons: 28.93
Vendor coupons: 9.10
Special price savings: 52.80

Total Savings : 90. 83

Approximately .67 cents per item!!!
Hours spend couponing/driving aross bay/shopping divided by how much saved= $12-$15 hour= I just got a job :)

2 comments:

Michael and Kim said...

Good Job for your first trip! It took me a few weeks to get the hang of it. Michael calls my couponing my part-time job. I love that I contribute while staying home with Addison.

sarah may said...

great job. couponing is definitely one of my new hobbies. Now you need to start CVSing. It's crazy how much free stuff you can get!!!